Edinburgh’s free festival of social enterprise is back by popular demand, with a wider than ever range of events and organisations to inform, inspire and entertain.
This free two day, family friendly event showcases high quality goods and services from a selection of Edinburgh’s 260 social enterprises – businesses where profits go to support communities and social change.
With an exciting programme of live music and performance events, a pop up market, art exhibition and installations, storytelling, book readings, kids activities and a family ceilidh each afternoon all in the centre of Princes St Gardens.
Join us at our new home – the world famous Ross Bandstand in Princes Street Gardens – on Wednesday 2 and Thursday 3 August and enjoy a host of activities including:
- Live music, comedy and dance on the bandstand including fabulous local band “No Quarter” headlining on Wednesday evening
- Open-air family ceilidh on Wednesday
- A Social Enterprise market with stalls selling arts, crafts, jewellery, and more
- Free yoga sessions and book readings
- A Street food and drink market (all profits reinvested into the festival)
- Kids activities including storytelling and a chance to meet Doogie our big blue monster
- Art exhibition set in the Garden and the Sustrans kinetic bike sculpture
- A Social Enterprise “trail” around central Edinburgh
If you’re keen to find out about joining the social enterprise movement, you’ll also find lots of information and support at the visitors’ stand.
Social in the Gardens is a free event and is open to all, so come along and find out why Scotland is considered a world leader in developing social enterprise – businesses that give something back.
- Wednesday 2nd August – 10.00am till 8.30pm
- Thursday 3rd August – 10.00am till 5.00pm
Participating Social Enterprises include:
|Space Artworks||Breadshare Community Bakery||Edinburgh Community Food|
|Edinburgh Remakery||Freedom Unlimited Enterprises||Grassmarket Community Project|
|Hadeel Palcraft||Port Edgar Watersports||Wee Green|
|One World Shop||BeUnited||Edinburgh Cyrenians|
|Hopes Garden (hand massage)||Access media||Edinburgh Art Collective|
Catering will include Burgers, Hot Dogs and Ice Cream from Grassmarket Community Project, a fantastic range of Sandwiches, Wraps and Salads from Social Bite and Curries and Indian specialities from Kebab Mehal.
A beer, cider and wine bar will also be available from midday each day featuring products from local brewers and cider makers Stewart Brewing and Thistly Cross amongst others and the “social” brew “Brewgooder” from Brewdog.
Throughout the two days of the event there will be live music, dance and other performance events on the iconic Ross Bandstand stage including an open air family ceilidh each afternoon.
We gratefully acknowledge sponsorship and support from the following organisations in the creation and management of this event:
SENSCOT Dads Rock Academy Glasgow Social Enterprise Network